As the name implies, this module shares some functionality with an
earlier module called Taxonomy Access Control (TAC). If you are
shopping around for an access control module to use, consider that one
as well. See this module's README.txt for an explanation of "why yet another access control module".
Here are some key features of tac_lite:
- Designed to be as simple as possible in installation and administration.
- Uses Drupal's node_access table, db_rewrite_sql hook and
taxonomy module to leave the smallest possible footprint while doing
it's job. For example, it introduces no new database tables.
- Grant permissions based on roles.
- Grant permissions per user. (Give a specific user access in addition to what his/her roles allow).
- Supports view, update and delete permissions.